lunes, 21 de febrero de 2011

Benidorm

Apparently, I'm not used to having an online diary so I need to step my game up and update whomever on my life in Alicante. A few weekends ago, a few friends and I took a day trip to Benidorm. It's a beautiful city, rich in photographic areas as well as restaurants. It has the ambience much like that of Ocean City, MD, for those of you whom have experienced that "unique" place, for a lack of better words. When we were in Benidorm, it felt like the states, the waiters even asked how the meal was going, in contrary to what the norm of Spain is. Usually, if you want or need anything in the middle of the meal, the only way to get the camarero is hunt them down and/or yell to them. Feels strange, but the fact that tips are frowned upon, it makes sense. While in Benidorm, we ate the best calamari I've had in my entire life. This may seem like a stretch to those reading this, but I can honestly say that it was by far the freshest and most delectable that I can remember; even without the cocktail sauce. Leaving Benidorm, it was nice knowing that I could go back to a place that I can comfortably call my home. Once the sun set, the mood changed on a dime and the rude Spaniards started to surface. Walking to the train station, the three of us girls were "hollered at" by a man on a megaphone, not to mention the fact that he was only standing about three feet away from us. Alicante, tendrás mi corazón para siempre.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario